Skip to main content

Berkeley Dining Residence Hall Tabling Guidelines

The following guidelines are designed to provide a consistent format from which students are allowed to table inside or outside Berkeley Dining facilities. Tablers who do not plan to dine will receive a wristband upon entry into the dining commons.

Who can table?

To qualify for Residence Hall tabling, groups must be registered student organizations with the LEAD Center, a sponsored Residence Hall Association group, or other official campus department or college. For more information on campus registered student organizations, please visit Only two organizations may table during each dining period.

How can I apply?

Each group must complete the tabling form or e-mail requests directly to the dining common’s General Manager, who is responsible for reservations in each unit, and cc

Unit Contact Email
Crossroads David Bell
Clark Kerr Bettye Boles
Foothill Ron Persons
Café 3 Gary Olson



Jason Maddy

**Please note that because it is located in the Student Union’s MLK building, permissions to table at/near The Eateries should be directed to the ASUC, as it is not a space managed by Berkeley Dining.

Residential Dining Tabling Information needed

E-mail the respective dining commons manager (see above) with the following information:

  • Date
  • Student Organization
  • Student Contact Name
  • Phone Number
  • Purpose
  • Tabling Date Requested

Equipment use

Each group is responsible for obtaining and returning all borrowed equipment to Berkeley Dining. Non-residence hall groups must provide their own equipment unless other arrangements have been made.

Tabling guideline

While tabling, the group should not solicit diners, instead, it should allow interested students to approach the group. Do not block or hinder any student from entering the dining facilities.

Managers retain the right to remove any groups that do not follow these tabling guidelines. This is to ensure the safety and comfort of students eating in the dining commons.